Thursday, July 23, 2015

Partner Songs

Partner Songs

I love partner songs, and these two are my very favorite.  Land of the Silver Birch and My Paddle.  I've put the score for each below, and they are also linked to their separate blog posts.  These songs are absolutely gorgeous, and kids love them!  Just make sure you use them to teach more than just partner songs.

Land of the Silver Birch Lyrics

VERSE 1
Land of the silver birch, home of the beaver.
Where still the mighty moose wanders at will.REFRAIN
Blue lake and rocky shore, I will return once more.
Boom de de boom boom, Boom de de boom boom, Boom de de boom boom, Boom.
VERSE 2

High on a rocky ledge I'll build a wigwam.
Close by the water's edge silent and still.
REFRAIN
Blue lake and rocky shore, I will return once more.
Boom de de boom boom, Boom de de boom boom, Boom de de boom boom, Boom.

My Paddle (Canoe Song) Lyrics

My paddle's keen and bright, flashing with silver.
Follow the wild goose flight, dip, dip, and swing.
Dip, dip and swing her back, flashing with silver.
Swift as the wild goose flies, dip, dip and swing.