Friday, July 24, 2015

Sourwood Mountain

SM.jpg
VERSE ONE
Chicken corwin’ on Sourwood Mountain, hey de-ing dang diddle ally day.
So many pretty girls I can’t count ‘em, hey de-ing dang diddle ally day.
My true love she lives in Letcher, hey de-ing dang diddle ally day.
She won’t come and I won’t fetch her, hey de-ing dang diddle ally day.
VERSE TWO
My true love’s a blue-eyed daisy, hey de-ing dang diddle ally day.
If I don’t get her, I’ll go crazy, hey de-ing dang diddle ally day.
Big dog bark and little one bite you, hey de-ing dang diddle ally day.
Big girl court and little one slight you, hey de-ing dang diddle ally day.
VERSE THREE
My true love lives up the river, hey de-ing dang diddle ally day.
A few more jumps and I’ll be with her, hey de-ing dang diddle ally day.
My true love lives up the holler, hey de-ing dang diddle ally day.
She won’t come and I won’t foller, hey de-ing dang diddle ally day.


Tone Set: d’ ls mrd l,s,
Rhythm: ta; ta di; takadimi; ta dimi; takadi; ta mi
Mode/Scale: extended pentatone
Melody: r-d-l,-s,; l-d’-l’-m
Phrase Form: a1 a2 b b

Other:
Prepare:
Present: ta mi
Practice: takadimi; ta dimi; takadi
Prove/Assess:
Source: Sourwood Mountain, Tacka & Howell, Pg 34-35, OAKE Publication